Head of TSIQ Human Resources
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma Insurance Quantified (TSIQ) seeks to partner with leaders in the insurance industry by applying Two Sigma's core engineering, modeling and analytics capabilities. TSIQ works closely with its industry partners to deliver products and solutions, which lead to enhanced automation and data-driven decision making in insurance. Comprised of a diversified and growing team of highly skilled data scientists, engineers, and business professionals, TSIQ possesses the agility and innovation of a dynamic startup with the resources and long-term view of Two Sigma.
Two Sigma is a technology company dedicated to finding value in the world's data. Since its founding in 2001, Two Sigma has built an innovative platform that combines extraordinary computing power, vast amounts of information, and advanced data science to produce breakthroughs in investment management, insurance and related fields. Today, Two Sigma manages over $45 billion in assets, employs more than 1,000 people and has offices in New York, Hong Kong, Houston and London. For more information, please visit www.twosigma.com<http://www.twosigma.com>.
We are seeking a creative, proactive, and strategic individual to join the Human Resources team supporting our Two Sigma Insurance Quantified business. As an Head of Two Sigma Insurance Quantified Human Resources you will play a critical role in the development of the employees and teams you support, working closely with all levels of management and the HR disciplines to ensure that individuals are supported, challenged, and inspired, and that the diverse skills of our employees are activated to their fullest potential.
You will be asked to provide dedicated coaching and guidance to managers and employees on matters including performance management, career development, talent assessment, acquisition and retention, employee engagement & advocacy, and organizational design. This role is critical in executing Two Sigma’s Insurance Qualified HR initiatives and driving HR functional excellence and process improvement.
Essential responsibilities include:
- Strategic partnership with the insurance business and HR leadership to develop and execute HR strategies and organizational design within a high growth organization
- Partnering with the recruiting team and hiring managers to navigate expedited growth, staffing goals, and evaluate & close candidates; , utilizing innovative sourcing and hiring strategies to meet the needs of the business
- Design, define and execute TSIQ-wide development, performance and promotion processes
- Take ownership of shepherding the unique TSIQ culture, including measuring engagement and productivity and designing special projects
- Partnering with the Employee Relations team to ensure issues and concerns are properly identified, reported & resolved
- Problem-solving using independent judgment based on the analysis of information, such as financial and statistical data
- Providing coaching and mentorship to Managers with TSIQ
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or college with a strong academic record. Graduate of a corporate HR leadership program. Master's degree in Human Resources or similar business field preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of professional work experience with a minimum 5 years of experience in the Human Resources function with employee-facing responsibilities such as recruiting, training, compensation, benefits, employee development and / or performance management.
- Previous work experience within a fast-moving, high growth tech or finance organization strongly preferred
- Excellent relationship development and management skills, with the ability to operate in an empathetic yet influential manner.
- Demonstrated ability to make independent decisions, manage conflicting priorities in a fast paced environment
- Proactive, solutions-oriented approach to work; able to demonstrate creative problem solving skills.
- Clear, poised, and concise communication.
- Strong consultative skills and the ability to pivot between strategy and tactical execution seamlessly.