High Frequency Performance Operations Specialist
New York, New York, United States
We are seeking a talented Engineer to join a fast-paced, dynamic team focused on building and supporting our global high frequency trading environment. In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Designing and implementing performance instrumentation and reporting, quality assurance, change management, and other operational processes to deliver improvements to Two Sigma’s trading systems while maximizing uptime;
- Monitoring the health of the production trading system; diagnosing and fixing issues with intraday transactions, post-trade reconciliation, and the clearing process; and configuring and deploying changes to the trading system, including new features, fixes, and experiments;
- Designing and implementing the architecture and support of our proprietary high frequency trading environment, including server, operating system, network, colocation site, and connectivity to a multitude of vendors and exchanges across three continents;
- Conducting research to identify the latest cutting edge computing, networking, and connectivity trends and developments to keep us at the forefront of the industry.
- At minimum a bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering from a top university.
- A strong knowledge of network/connectivity and/or Linux server technologies, particularly as related to ultra-low latency design.
- At least two years of experience building and supporting a high performance, reliable, flexible, scalable, and heterogeneous network of computers and related communications equipment.
- Some programming experience (Java, C, and/or C++) is required, as well as knowledge of scripting languages such as Perl and/or Python.