New York, New York, United States
We are recruiting for an Immigration Manager to work within Two Sigma’s HR Department. This person will play an integral role in Two Sigma’s growth by supporting internal Recruiting teams as well as candidates with their immigration, hiring, and global mobility needs, in partnership with our external immigration counsel.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide immigration consultations to firm’s hiring managers, Recruiting team, employees and candidates;
- Work and strategize with other HR teams to ensure the job descriptions and qualifications align with visa filing requirements;
- Develop and execute immigration training and projects;
- Strategize and iterate on ways to improve the immigration process and experience;
- Process work visas for other countries including UK and HK;
- Process H-1B, TN and other work visa transfer cases;
- Process PERM and Greencard cases;
- Process I-9/E-Verify and ensure compliance;
- At least a bachelor’s degree with 5 to 8 years of experience managing non-immigrant and immigrant case filings, preferably in-house.
- Knowledge of US visa types and their processes.
- Knowledge of immigration case processing such as I-9, E-Verify, and LCA compliance, and PERM recruitment efforts requirements and procedures.
- For candidates from law firms, experience working directly with clients’ hiring managers as well as assisting with internal projects such as immigration policy formulation and communication is preferred.
- Experience with working with data and various HR systems including HRIS and ATS systems.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to work with tight deadlines and shifting priorities.
- Interest in process re-engineering and improvements.
- Interest in collaborating with other HR teams and learning about the HR function.