Insurance - Business Development
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma Insurance Quantified (TSIQ) seeks to partner with leaders in the insurance industry by applying Two Sigma's core engineering, modeling and analytics capabilities. TSIQ works closely with its industry partners to deliver products and solutions, which lead to enhanced automation and data-driven decision making. Comprised of a diversified and growing team of highly skilled data scientists, engineers, and business professionals, TSIQ possesses the agility and innovation of a dynamic startup with the resources and long-term view of Two Sigma.
Two Sigma is a technology company dedicated to finding value in the world's data. Since its founding in 2001, Two Sigma has built an innovative platform that combines extraordinary computing power, vast amounts of information, and advanced data science to produce breakthroughs in investment management, insurance and related fields. Today, Two Sigma manages approximately $39 billion in assets, employs more than 1,000 people and has offices in New York, Hong Kong, Houston and London. For more information, please visit www.twosigma.com<http://www.twosigma.com>.
We are seeking to add a Business Development professional to the TSIQ team. Given a relatively small team and the start-up nature of TSIQ, the Business Development position will be a multifaceted role and will focus on the following:
- Supporting all aspects of new and existing strategic partnerships.
- Working with senior partner leads to define & execute key partner strategies.
- Sourcing and evaluating new partnership and strategic investment opportunities.
- Building and maintaining meaningful interaction with senior professionals both internally at Two Sigma and externally with its partners.
- 2+ year’s experience in investment banking, private equity, strategy consulting or other relevant experience.
- Insurance, finance or financial technology industry expertise.
- Demonstration of high analytical capacity and intellectual curiosity.
- Strong Excel modeling ability and PowerPoint skills.
- Training in a variety of valuation methodologies is a plus.
- Strong interest in technology and data science is a plus.
- Ability to work with multiple internal & external stakeholders and strong project management skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and perform a variety of different functions.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- A strong work ethic, ability to operate independently and self-motivated.