Investment Associate, TS Impact
Portland, Maine, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world's most complex economic problems.
Two Sigma Impact combines active, principled ownership and data science with the goal of delivering superior returns and positive social outcomes. We are focused on workforce impact - where we anticipate innovative and thoughtful investments in human capital will lead to an enhanced employee experience, productivity and long-term financial returns. By applying Two Sigma's world-class data science expertise and technology resources we aspire to achieve better employment and business outcomes for our partner companies.
With offices in New York, NY and Portland, ME our team is made up of experienced private equity investors, data scientists and human capital management experts. We are sector-focused across: Education and Training, Healthcare, Consumer and Business Services. We are seeking to add an Associate to the investment team. In this role, the Associate will be involved in all aspects of the investment process and management of portfolio investments. The Associate can expect to have meaningful interaction with senior professionals both internally at Two Sigma Impact and externally with management teams.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Provide initial review and screening of prospective investment opportunities, including both quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Significant involvement in key aspects of the due diligence process and deal execution while working with team members and third-party advisors, including accounting, legal, commercial, human capital and other workstreams
- Post investment, Associates will have opportunities to work closely with portfolio companies and assist management teams with business development, potential add-on M&A, etc.
- Associates will also provide ongoing monitoring of portfolio company assets, including review of monthly operating results and maintaining project and impact benchmarks
You should possess the following qualifications:
- 2+ years of experience in investment banking, management consulting, private equity and/or impact investing - Proficiency in financial and valuation modeling
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills - Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, and strong attention to detail
- High level of integrity and interest in impact investing
- BA / BS degree required, with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
- Hybrid Work Policy: Flexible in-office days with budget for home office setup
The base pay for this role will be between $100,000 and $200,000. This role may also be eligible for other forms of compensation and benefits, such as a discretionary bonus, health, dental and other wellness plans and 401(k) contributions. Discretionary bonus can be a significant portion of total compensation. Actual compensation for successful candidates will be carefully determined based on a number of factors, including their skills, qualifications and experience.
This position can be based in Portland, Maine or New York City.