Investment Associate, Two Sigma Private Investments
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma Private Investments, Two Sigma’s private markets division, develops and executes private investment opportunities that provide diversifying sources of return for our investors. We invest with a principal mindset utilizing our flexible capital base to create investment opportunities with asymmetric risk-reward potential. We have developed particular expertise in building business platforms with experienced operators in and around asset intensive businesses across a number of industries including financials, natural resources and transportation. We have a growing team of 35+ professionals with significant institutional private investment experience that have made investments totaling in excess of $1 billion.
Two Sigma Private Investments, Investment Associate Position
We are seeking to add an Investment Associate to our Private Investments team. In this role, you will work with the team in all aspects of the investment process, including deal sourcing, evaluation, structuring, negotiation and financing, as well as monitoring new and existing portfolio investments. Given a relatively small team of investment professionals, the Investment Associate can expect to have meaningful interaction with senior professionals both internally at Two Sigma and externally with management teams.
· 2+ years at an investment bank, private investment firm, or other relevant experience.
· Bachelor’s degree or higher from a top university.
· A passion for investing.
· Demonstration of high analytical capacity and intellectual curiosity.
· Strong Excel modeling ability.
· Training in a variety of valuation methodologies.
· Ability to learn quickly and perform a variety of different functions.
· Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
· A strong work ethic.
· Independence and self-motivation.