Investment Management Strategy & Product Development
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital. Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
Product Development (“ProdDev”) plays an integral role in growing and improving the Investment Management business. We work across the firm to develop and implement our business strategy, cultivate partnerships, generate and execute on new product ideas, deliver on expansion initiatives, and drive further operating efficiency for our portfolios and the broader business globally. ProdDev has led many impactful initiatives, such as the launch of new funds and investment products, expansion into new markets, and enhancements to our largest funds.
In this role you will focus on developing and leading critical initiatives within Investment Management. ProdDev develops hypotheses, proposals, and recommendations and then leads their successful implementation, oftentimes when the path forward is ambiguous or uncertain. You will be encouraged to identify key questions/issues, think critically, and challenge the “status quo” when relevant. If you are excited about joining a fast-paced, strategic team, we'd love to meet you!
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Build qualitative and quantitative analyses to develop strategic recommendations and business cases and to evaluate potential product enhancements
- Scope and lead projects (at times, more than one project at a time) to bring business initiatives to fruition
- Support the growth and ongoing operation of the Investment Management business
You should possess the following qualifications:
- Excellent analytical and conceptual problem-solving skills with the ability to use quantitative and qualitative approaches to develop actionable recommendations
- Ability to work independently, lead and collaborate with large cross-functional teams
- Strong project management and communication skills (verbal and written) with a track record of stakeholder management and alignment
- Minimum 7+ years of experience required within investment management, management consulting, investment banking, or strategy
- BS/BA in mathematics, finance, economics or engineering-related fields preferred
- Advanced skills in Google Workspace (also known as G Suite) and Microsoft Office, e.g., Excel, PowerPoint, Word and equivalent programs
- You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, competitive paid caregiver leave.
The base pay for this role is anticipated to be between $100,000 and $300,000. The anticipated base pay range is based on information as of the time this post was generated. This role may also be eligible for other forms of compensation and benefits, such as a discretionary bonus, health, dental and other wellness plans and 401(k) contributions. Discretionary bonus can be a significant portion of total compensation. Actual compensation for successful candidates will be carefully determined based on a number of factors, including their skills, qualifications and experience.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.