New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a different kind of investment manager. Since 2001, we have used data science and technology to derive insights that forecast the future and discover value in markets worldwide. Our team of scientists, technologists and academics looks beyond traditional finance to understand the bigger picture and develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most difficult economic problems. Our work spans markets and industries, from insurance and securities to private investments and new ventures. We are seeking a highly skilled Junior Designer to produce presentations, publications, promotional items and event materials for internal and external audiences. You will partner with the Brand Designer, Marketing team and other internal stakeholders to support recruiting campaigns, thought leadership efforts, investor relations, and internal communications programs by creating digital and printed materials. The ideal candidate will have a strong design aesthetic and experience creating visually compelling PowerPoint presentations, layouts for print, illustrations, infographics, and promotional materials such as postcards, banners, and posters.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Working with the Brand Designer and Marketing team to effectively deliver Two Sigma’s brand through the production of visual assets;
- Building out a repository of branded templates for presentations, stationery, reports, and other key documents;
- Collaborating with internal stakeholders to produce visually appealing PowerPoint presentations that engage audiences;
- Using templates and brand guidelines to lay out recurring Two Sigma publications
- Creating branded promotional items, clothing, signage, and printed materials for external recruiting efforts and internal events;
- Ensuring consistent brand standards across all materials;
- Working with external vendors to ensure timely, high-quality printing and production;
- Organizing and cataloging visual assets.
- BFA in Design or related field with practical design experience.
- Proficiency in Adobe Indesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat Pro; Microsoft Powerpoint and Word.
- Exceptional design skills and a strong portfolio showing an ability to design for a corporate environment.
- Strong command of typography, grid systems and page layout.
- Commitment for delivering work on time, with minimal supervision.
- Strong attention to detail with an ownership mentality.
- An editor’s eye, with the ability to check language for grammar and typos.
- Ability to work within a brand system and deliver on-brand designs while contributing creative ideas for expressing the brand in new ways.
- Professional manner and highly polished interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment, as well as work independently and exercise sound professional judgment.
- Ability to handle a variety of tasks and projects simultaneously.
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, and paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.