Junior Fundamental Equity Research Analyst
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a different kind of investment manager. Since 2001, we have used data science and technology to derive insights that forecast the future and discover value in markets worldwide. Our team of scientists, technologists and academics looks beyond traditional finance to understand the bigger picture and develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most challenging economic problems. Our work spans across markets and industries, from insurance and securities to private investments and new ventures.
This presents a unique opportunity for an experienced fundamental equity research professional to enhance our existing systematic process, help us deeply understand individual companies and their sectors, and translate insights into scalable and diversifying alpha. Through focused collaboration with our close-knit team of quantitative researchers, data scientists, engineers, and business colleagues, you will generate alpha research at the crossroads of the traditional and systematic approaches.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Identify and deeply evaluate key valuation drivers, thematic views, industry trends, and idiosyncratic questions
- Conduct thematic research, participate in investor conferences, meeting with company management teams, monitor company and industry events
- Perform well-structured, deep dive, bottom-up fundamental research on specific companies to produce high conviction investment ideas
You should possess the following qualifications:
- 4+ years of prior work experience as an equity research analyst
- Strong academic track record; advanced degree or CFA is a plus
- Proven idea generation and investment track record
- Structured, disciplined and scalable investment process
- Collaborative team player
- Intellectual curiosity and motivation to innovate and improve
- Intermediate technical capabilities preferred but not required
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.