Lead Program Manager, Data Engineering
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
As the Lead Program Manager, you will build and lead a small team, responsible for defining and driving the programs and practices of a 100+ person organization as we embark on advancing the engineering capabilities around Two Sigma’s data, the lifeblood of our organization from modeling to trading to settlement. In this role, you will be expected to partner with and influence Two Sigma engineers, modelers, analysts, and leaders, as we invest in realizing value from the world’s data. You will get to work alongside a group of self-identified “nice geeks” looking to solve some of the most interesting and hard data problems in technology.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Build, lead, mentor, coach, and grow a small team of program and project managers
- Define and drive practices that enable effective and efficient execution while partnering and collaborating with cross-functional leadership within Two Sigma
- Own end-to-end planning, communication and execution for Data Engineering
- Partner with Two Sigma cross-functional leaders and be a thought leader in raising the bar on planning and execution
You should possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- 10 years of experience in program management, leading programs with multiple dependencies and constraints
- Experience working in finance and technology
- Experience leading teams, while also being able to lead a broad initiative and contribute as part of a larger team
- Experience developing program/project managers and building a program function in an organization
- Experience with Software Development Lifecycles
- Experience with trading, either front/mid/back-office including fixed income and equities.
- Experience partnering with, and influencing leadership (e.g., Managing Directors and C-Suite)
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, and paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.