New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma Private Investments (“TSPI”), Two Sigma’s private markets division, develops and executes private investment opportunities that provide diversifying sources of return for our investors. We invest with a principal mindset utilizing our flexible capital base to create investment opportunities with asymmetric risk-reward potential. We have developed particular expertise in building business platforms with experienced operators in and around asset intensive businesses across a number of industries including financials, natural resources and transportation.
Two Sigma Ventures (“TSV”) is the venture capital arm of Two Sigma Investments, investing in early-stage startups across a range of industries that leverage math, data, and advanced science. TSV has invested in nearly 50 companies since it was started in 2012.
Together, TSPI and TSV have a growing team of 35+ professionals with significant institutional private investment experience that have made investments totaling in excess of $1 billion.
We are seeking a bright, analytical, enthusiastic and organized legal analyst to join the legal team for TSPI and TSV. This position is ideal for someone who is interested in potentially pursuing a career as a corporate attorney and who would like to gain insight into the practice of law in-house at an investment advisor and a broad spectrum of transaction types and structures. Your responsibilities will include:
- Supporting internal and external counsel through the entire lifecycle of investments (from the initial evaluation of a potential investment through to the ultimate exit);
- Reviewing, revising and negotiating service contracts and non-disclosure agreements;
- Collecting, organizing and tracking a wide variety of transactional and fund documentation and records and developing processes to streamline maintenance of legal records;
- Summarizing contracts and tracking deal terms across similar investments;
- Maintaining and updating internal legal templates, forms and best practice guidelines; and
- Performing legal and other supplemental research.
- University degree.
- 1 to 2 years’ experience as a paralegal or legal administrative assistance in a law firm or corporate setting with a focus on transactional/corporate law.
- Strong organizational, communication and listening skills.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and manage expectations in a fast-paced environment.
- Developed sense of ownership and personal responsibility.
- Analytical frame of mind with a curiosity to learn new skills and about new subject matters.
- Interest to pursue a career as an attorney with commitment to work for at least 2 to 3 years before entering law school.