Legal & Compliance Strategy Analyst
New York, New York, United States
What is Two Sigma and why apply for a job with us?
Two Sigma is a career destination for the intellectually curious who want to learn, invent, and create. The people of Two Sigma – a dynamic and diverse group of scientists, engineers, and business professionals – are accomplished analytical thinkers and passionate problem solvers.
We are a technology company that applies a rigorous, scientific method-based approach to investment management. Since our founding in 2001, Two Sigma’s vision has been to develop technological innovations that intelligently analyze the world’s data to consistently deliver value for our clients. Today, Two Sigma manages over $41 billion in assets with more than 1,100 people globally in New York, Houston, London, Hong Kong and Tokyo. For more information, please visit: www.twosigma.com.
Legal & Compliance at Two Sigma
Our mission is to offer innovative and practical solutions and advice that balance a clear understanding of applicable law, regulations, and Two Sigma’s contractual, fiduciary, and other obligations with commercial judgment. We favor a pragmatic approach to solving interesting problems that result in the deployment of meaningful controls consistent with legal and regulatory requirements. Our goal is to provide world-class service that protects the clients and interests of Two Sigma and supports its continued growth.
Legal & Compliance Strategy Analyst Position
We are seeking a talented strategy analyst to join the Strategic Projects & Initiatives team for Legal & Compliance. Core competencies of the team consist of:
- Process analysis;
- Idea generation;
- Strategy development;
- Project management;
- Relationship management and development, and
- Metrics and reporting.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a top university; MBA is optional.
- 3-5 years of experience, background in business analysis, consulting, or internal strategy / business development.
- Interest in Legal & Compliance; prior background is not required.
- Excellent analytical / conceptual problem-solving skills with great attention to detail.
- Robust process analysis / project management skills with an understanding of financial markets and the investment life cycle.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Advanced skills in MS Office (incl. Excel, PowerPoint, Visio) a must.
- Passion for working in a dynamic, collaborative, and results-oriented environment.