New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
Two Sigma's goal is to provide its legal interns with work that is representative of the work that would be done by a junior attorney in an investment firm (or similar environment) or in the investment management practice group of a major law firm. You will have the chance to participate in department and team meetings and certain out-of-office activities (e.g., relevant industry/legal seminars). Two Sigma’s legal internship provides an outstanding opportunity for you to learn and contribute to its legal team.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Participating in new business projects and initiatives, such as the launch of new financial/investment products and legal and corporate entities; updating, monitoring and revising the firm’s offering materials and regulatory filings;
- Assisting with special research projects;
- Maintaining research/regulatory libraries of the firm;
- Assisting with ongoing regulatory compliance matters;
- Keeping abreast and informing others of industry changes, relevant news articles and legal/regulatory updates; and
- Reviewing and maintaining the firm’s various contracts and other service provider agreements.
You should possess the following qualifications:
- Ideal candidates will be currently enrolled in your school's Class of 2023 with a record of exceptional academic achievement and active involvement in law school activities (e.g., law review, other journal experience, moot court).
- Candidates should be bright, well-rounded self-starters with an entrepreneurial and hard-working spirit who naturally want to take the extra step.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, organizational skills and attention to detail are all essential.
- Success in Contracts and Legal Writing courses is a plus.
- Familiarity with private funds and/or investment advisers is a plus.
Two Sigma recognizes that law school is very different from the real world practice of law and it aims to help its legal interns learn to make the transition from education to practice. Two Sigma is dedicated to training and will help you develop and hone the skills and abilities necessary to succeed in a variety of legal environments post-graduation. We will also provide you with regular and ongoing feedback. Throughout the summer internship program, you will have the opportunity to attend seminars taught by Two Sigma staff and outside specialists.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.