Macro Business Manager
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
Within the Investment Management business, the Macro team consists of modelers, portfolio managers, and business managers operating across a broad universe of 400+ macro markets. These macro markets fall into 4 broad categories; Equity and Credit; Fixed Income; Commodities and FX.
We are seeking a technical business manager with strong operational expertise and quantitative rigor to coordinate and drive organizational alignment and efficiency. They will drive important modeling and business initiatives, concentrated in the macro markets space but often traversing the entire Modeling organization, across both internal Engineering and Corporate partners and external counterparties. This person will lead cross-team initiatives by defining business cases, crafting specs, and managing releases of new platform functionality across both production trading and research environments. We expect success in this role to have a major positive impact on our breadth of products traded and scalability and efficiency of the end to end research and trading platform.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Prioritize, negotiate and drive business critical needs, e.g. growing cross-asset research capabilities, across various team members
- Launch new tradable macro markets by coordinating internal and external partners from business case -> requirements -> planning -> design -> testing -> implementation
- Identify and deliver front to back platform improvements across both production trading and research environments
- Deliver business analytics and perform ad hoc research through historic simulations
- Participate in Macro strategic planning with all principal partners (across Modeling, Engineering, and Corporate Functions) to review business needs, dependencies, opportunities and challenges
- Curate and communicate key business updates and promote internal knowledge sharing within the Macro as well as entire Modeling community, e.g. new market developments, challenges to buy side firms, common Modeler tools/scripts that can be easily shared
You should possess the following qualifications:
- B.S. or higher degree in Computer Science or a related technical field (e.g. Eng, Mathematics, etc.) from a highly accredited academic institution with a passion for the markets
- 3+ years of experience in software, consulting, or financial services organization contributing to the development of sophisticated software or financial products
- Strong project management and organizational skills with demonstrated success building collaborative working relationships
- Extensive experience shipping sophisticated and timely initiatives
- Pragmatic, process + results oriented
- Proficiency in scripting and UNIX environment
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, and paid caregiver leaves
- Hybrid Work Policy: Flexible in-office days with budget for home office setup
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.