New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
We are looking for an experienced economist with an excellent background in macroeconomics, statistical techniques, and data science to join our team. In this role, you will develop innovative economic models using a rigorous scientific approach and collaborate with quantitative researchers, data scientists, and engineers.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Develop innovative economic models and forecasts
- Apply sophisticated statistical and econometric techniques
- Explore novel data sets
- Analyze economic and policy developments
- Collaborate in a team environment
You should possess the following qualifications:
- Prior experience at a hedge fund, investment bank, or international institution
- Expertise in macroeconomics, economic data, and quantitative methods
- Experience in a number of major economies
- PhD in Economics
- Advanced knowledge in econometrics, statistics, and data science
- Excellent skills in at least one programming language (like Python)
- Ability to tackle in-depth research projects, discover creative solutions, and communicate complex ideas clearly
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.