Macro Operations Associate
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
The Operations team ensures the Investment Manager’s trading assets are settled, serviced, valued, and accurately represented on our books and records for downstream reporting. We strive for 100% straight thru processing including T0 matching of our trading activity, T+1 position and PNL reconciliation, and timely processing of post trade events including options processing and asset servicing. Operations identifies and resolves differences between our internal data and the data represented by prime brokerage, clearing, custodian, and fund administrator platforms used to settle, clear, and custody our positions and administer our funds in a timely manner.
We are seeking a hardworking and exceptionally detail-oriented Macro Operations Associate to join our Operations team. You will be performing vital middle office / post trade support functions and participating in projects and initiatives that will help Two Sigma build and develop critical business activities and manage operational risk.
Candidates should be a strong problem solver with critical thinking abilities, possess strong relationship management skills, have the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks, and takes a collaborative approach to team engagement. If you are excited about joining a fast-paced, dynamic team, we'd love to meet you!
You will take on the following responsibilities:
• Perform trade reconciliations
• Define and implement operational risk controls
• Reconcile internal positions across multiple counterparties and asset classes
• Manage admin positions/transactions/cash reconciliations exceptions across multiple
• Manage T+0 matching and settlements across multiple asset classes and markets
• Manage mandatory/voluntary corporate action event and post trade event lifecycles
• Analyzing our existing operational platform to establish straight through processing and other efficiencies
• Partner with technology teams to deliver automated processes
• Incident tracking, response, and remediation
You should possess the following qualifications:
• 5-8 years of operations experience in macro assets at an investment management firm, fund administrator, broker dealer, or prime broker
• Bachelor's degree( preferably in finance or economics)
• Full trade lifecycle and post trade processing experience in macro assets
• Data analytical and visualization skills ( e.g. compiling datasets and identifying
Experience with the following is a plus:
• Knowledge of full macro universe (Equities, Options, FX, Futures, Fixed Income, IRS, Credit
and other complex assets)
• Servicing bank debt and collateralized OTC assets
• Knowledge of key industry vendor platforms ( Omega, Markitware, ICELink, Traiana,
• Knowledge of corporate actions
• Familiarity with accounting concepts
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.