Mail Clerk Temp
New York, New York, United States
More than 1,500 people who believe the scientific method is the best way to approach investing. Ideas backed by information and improved through iteration. That’s Two Sigma. We are not a typical investment manager. We follow principles of technology and innovation as much as principles of investment management. Fields such as machine learning and distributed computing guide us. Since 2001, we have searched for ways that these kinds of technologies can make us better at what we do. We never stop researching and developing. In the process, we work to help real people. Through our investors, we support the retirements of millions around the world. We also help fund breakthrough research, education and a wide range of charities and foundations.
Two Sigma is currently looking for an energetic and capable Mail Room Coordinator to join or Mail Room team during this busy holiday season!
Main Job Tasks & Responsibilities
- Handle incoming, outgoing & interoffice mail using both manual & automated methods
- Always be on his/her feet working between two neighboring office locations
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds of weight
The Mailroom Coordinator will handle incoming mail by sorting and distributing to TS employees, opening envelopes by hand or machine (when there is no addressee), and deal with parcels as well. They date-stamp incoming mail, and place it in mailboxes for pick-up or in carts for distribution.
Sorting interoffice mail, placing the mail in large folders or in carts. They may distribute the interoffice mail or get the carts ready for the mailroom manager or another employee.
Processing outgoing mail (weighing mail and affixing postage either by hand or with a meter).
Processing all incoming and outgoing envelopes and packages from services such as UPS, FedEx, USPS and any overnight deliveries.
Preparing volume mailings such as invoices or newsletters, folding items and inserting them into envelopes, or operating automated equipment.
Other job duties such as ordering and storing office supplies, maintaining all copier/printer stations, filing correspondence and other documents, photocopying, bulk printing, and binding reports/presentations.
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- GPA > 3.0
- 1-3 years previous experience working in a mailroom or print shop environment
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures
- Knowledge of computers and relevant software application
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
- Knowledge of working with outside vendors
- Keyboard skills