Mail Clerk Temp
New York, New York, United States
Main Job Tasks & Responsibilities
- Handle incoming, outgoing & interoffice mail using both manual & automated methods
- Always be on his/her feet working between two neighboring office locations
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds of weight
The Mailroom Coordinator will handle incoming mail by sorting and distributing to TS employees, opening envelopes by hand or machine (when there is no addressee), and deal with parcels as well. They date-stamp incoming mail, and place it in mailboxes for pick-up or in carts for distribution.
Sorting interoffice mail, placing the mail in large folders or in carts. They may distribute the interoffice mail or get the carts ready for the mailroom manager or another employee.
Processing outgoing mail (weighing mail and affixing postage either by hand or with a meter).
Processing all incoming and outgoing envelopes and packages from services such as UPS, FedEx, USPS and any overnight deliveries.
Preparing volume mailings such as invoices or newsletters, folding items and inserting them into envelopes, or operating automated equipment.
Other job duties such as ordering and storing office supplies, maintaining all copier/printer stations, filing correspondence and other documents, photocopying, bulk printing, and binding reports/presentations.
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- GPA > 3.0
- 1-3 years previous experience working in a mailroom or print shop environment
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures
- Knowledge of computers and relevant software application
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
- Knowledge of working with outside vendors
- Keyboard skills