Manager, Systems Support Engineering
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
The Systems Engineering group at Two Sigma designs and builds the complex and compelling infrastructure that makes what we do possible. We keep the organization at the forefront of cutting-edge hardware. We have talented, passionate individuals who build and maintain what exists today, and invent tomorrow.
Systems Support Engineering (SSE) team is responsible for first line support of users, workstations, servers, networks, and applications. The SSE manager is responsible for building a dynamic, energetic, and driven team, focused on delivering these first line support services across the enterprise and maintaining a steady stream of projects for the teams to deliver.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Lead and mentor a team of 10+ system support engineers focused on solving a variety L1\L2 issues, developing and maintaining custom scripts and automations, as well as participating in infrastructure engineering projects aiming to improve firm wide end user experience
- Develop, guide, and implement the strategy for building and managing the SSE team across multiple global locations
- Maintain minimum standards and be able to measure their compliance for provided support services, including the various components and attributes that make up a service, SLAs, and KPIs
- Develop, maintain and improve onboarding methodologies for support of additional products and services while ensuring knowledge base accuracy and continuous improvement
- Build interdepartamental partnerships across the organization in order to ensure sustainable path forward of growth for the SSE team members
You should possess the following qualifications:
- BA or BS in Engineering or Computer Science and 10+ years of relevant work experience with a minimum of 3+ years of direct management of a support team consisting at least 6 people
- Broad understanding of all aspects of systems engineering including Active Directory, Windows, Linux, software deployment, VPN, networks, and security
- Keen understanding of customer service and relationship management, and ease in communicating all technical and business functions.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with senior technology managers across the firm.
- Experience in using ticketing systems, tracking team workload, and time spent. Build off of this into metrics based reporting such as SLA’s and KPI’s.
- Project management skills to develop a plan of execution with the necessary resources and teams from local to enterprise level projects.
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, and paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.