Margin Specialist - Prime Brokerage and Derivatives
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
The Treasury team is responsible for margin and collateral management, FX cash balance optimization, daily wire operations, and leverage monitoring and reporting. Every day, we collaborate closely with both internal partners across the firm and external counterparts, including Prime Brokers, FCMs, OTC bilateral counterparties, corporate financing providers, and commercial banks, to ensure margin calls are accurate and are met, accounts are sufficiently funded, and payments are settled. We also strive to drive cost savings by supervising/disputing margin differences between internal margin calculations and counterparty figures and optimizing where balances are held.
We are seeking a candidate with a deep understanding of prime broker and derivatives margin methodologies to help develop a newly created role that merges functions performed in Portfolio Finance and Treasury with the aim of creating innovative solutions for margin optimization. You will be responsible for driving cost savings by disputing margin differences, reducing required margin via wallet optimization, and enhancing internal margin replication efforts. Sound like the job for you? If so, we want to speak to you!
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Analyzing the drivers of required margin changes and margin calls.
- Reviewing and disputing margin differences.
- Working with Analytics and Engineering teams to continue to improve internal margin replication.
- Developing strategies to reduce required margin to drive cost savings.
- Enhancing the margin management infrastructure with a focus on supervising margin differences, margin disputes, and cost savings.
- Working with Prime Brokers, FCMs, and bilateral trading counterparties to understand margin methodologies, challenge margin differences, and resolve margin disputes.
- Optimizing wallet to drive reductions in margin and financing costs. Becoming the subject matter authority for internal margin inquiries, capital attribution and related costs.
- Partner with the liquidity investment team to optimize cash and collateral flows.
You should possess the following qualifications:
- 5-10 years of experience working in the margin/collateral space with a focus on understanding/analyzing margin methodologies at a prime broker or an investment management firm.
- BA/BS in Economics, Finance or Mathematics preferred.
- An understanding of the commercial and risk aspects of prime broker and derivative margin methodologies.
- Knowledge of the prime brokerage, prime finance or capital market structures will be helpful.
- Experience driving cost savings/margin reductions using wallet optimization and/or a margin dispute process.
- Experience with the following is a plus: running the operational aspects of margin and collateral processes.
- Knowledge of industry vendor platforms (Cassini, Bloomberg, Acadia, CloudMargin).
- Analyzing large data sets. Basic coding (Python) and/or sophisticated Excel.
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
- Hybrid Work Policy: Flexible in-office days with budget for home office setup
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.