Marketing Lead - Venn
New York, New York, United States
What is Two Sigma?
Two Sigma is a career destination for the intellectually curious who want to learn, invent, and create. The people of Two Sigma – a dynamic and diverse group of scientists, engineers, and business professionals – are accomplished analytical thinkers and passionate problem solvers. We apply technology and scientific rigor to financial innovation.
What is Venn?
Venn is a next-generation analytics tool for university endowments, pension funds, nonprofits, and other institutional investors. Our users rely on Venn to better understand how to better meet their long-term goals via smarter strategic investments. Our team combines Two Sigma’s quantitative finance expertise with groundbreaking data visualization in a modern web app.
We are looking for our first marketing hire - a talented marketing professional who will lead strategy and execution for Venn’s brand, content, lead generation, sales enablement, and communication efforts. In addition to creating and driving a go-to-market machine, you will also be responsible for driving behavioral change in an industry that manages trillions of dollars in assets, but has traditionally been underserved by modern technology tools.
- Coordinate closely with Venn sales and Two Sigma’s broader marketing and communications teams to craft our messaging and value proposition
- Lead communications and PR efforts to elevate our brand, recognition, and product enthusiasm across the institutional investor community
- Develop collateral to support sales teams internally and externally to drive sales efficiency and effectiveness
- Plan and execute a multi-channel (email, direct, advertising, PR, etc.) marketing effort to drive user acquisition for Venn to improve market share and market impact
- Build effective marketing campaigns to drive revenue by converting accounts from our free to paid offerings
- Lead product marketing efforts to drive retention and increased engagement with Venn from existing Venn users and accounts
- 10 o rmore years of experience marketing modern B2B SaaS products in fast-growing FinTech or enterprise companies
- Experience marketing to behavioral change, impressing upon users the benefits of modernization and using the latest technologies over established legacy systems
- Excellent interpersonal skills - able to develop and effectively articulate brand values and build winning marketing campaigns and collateral
- Excellent at partnering with sales and sales operations teams to shape the message and drive strong results, and product management and engineering teams to articulate the product strategy and inform the roadmap
- Quantitatively oriented, you understand how to set goals, track, and measure impact of your efforts with a scientific test-measure-learn mentality
- Excited to both think strategically *and* get into the details - we are a small but growing team, so execution and grit are important!
- Interest in investing and finance is a plus - our product helps guide the investment decisions of multi-billion dollar pensions, research endowments, healthcare systems and charitable foundations
- Experience with freemium customer acquisition models is a plus
- Experience with finance or other highly regulated industries is a plus