Office Services Daytime Support
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
Office Services are vital to the success of any company simply because they are every company's first official representative. While the Office Services Daytime Support position will include a variety of assignments and duties, the primary purpose of the Office Services Daytime Support representative is to project a professional and courteous impression to our clients, consultants, employees and any other guests.
The Office Services Daytime Support role at Two Sigma is an in-office role. You will handle the flow of people through the business and ensure that all reception-related responsibilities are completed accurately, delivered with high quality and in a timely manner. The position reports to the Office Services Manager, New York.
We are seeking someone who demonstrates confidence, professionalism, responsiveness and
passion for customer service. Someone who possesses a professional demeanor, has excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, and has worked in a reception or a hospitality like role and is team focused.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Answer main line, screen and direct calls
- Take and relay message
- Greet persons entering organization, direct them as necessary
- Deal with queries from the public and customers
- Ensure knowledge of staff movements in and out of organization
- Register and monitor visitor access and maintain security awareness
- Prep access/loaner cards
- Provide general administrative support
- Prepare correspondence, documents and analytics
- Maintain the reception area and tidy up nearby conference rooms
- Support team on special projects when opportunities arise. Some of these tasks include: travel, firm subscriptions, meeting room management, supply orders, business cards, visitor registration, etc.
You should possess the following qualifications:
- Minimum 1 year of experience required; preferred 1-5 years in office services, office assistance, receptionist or concierge
- Bachelor's degree (4 year college/university degree)
- Knowledge of computers and relevant software application (Google Workspace, MS Office, Adobe Acrobat, Atlassian Jira, Envoy)
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
- Ability to adapt and adjust in a fast paced work environment
- High level of customer service- take initiative to proactively address employee/guest needs
- Work Hours: 8am-6pm, in-office Monday-Friday
The hourly pay rate for this role will be between $24/Hour and $36/Hour. Actual compensation for successful candidates will be carefully determined based on a number of factors, including their skills, qualifications and experience.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.