Operational Risk and Reporting Lead
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
The Portfolio Servicing and Initiatives function within Investment Management strives to ensure the reliability and efficiency of the daily operation of the IM business and our portfolio management function, providing a robust foundation for the business to grow upon. Working in conjunction with the broader Investment Management team and colleagues in Engineering and Corporate, this function ensures that business-specific operating needs are accurately defined, monitored, and managed on a regular basis.
We are looking to add an experienced individual to build the operational risk management and reporting function within Portfolio Management and Trading function. This individual will lead efforts to a) define, design and build out the operational risk framework to measure, manage, and mitigate risk across the portfolio management and trading functions, b) provide regular reporting and transparency into operational risk levels, key drivers of risk and ongoing initiatives to improve the health of the businesses, and c) streamline reporting across the business, establishing clear ownership and accountability for data and reporting and partnering with Portfolio Management Engineering to build out the next generation data and reporting platform for portfolio and fund-related information
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Managing operational risk / incident management for Portfolio Management and Trading
- Define and build out operational risk framework to lead and drive reduction of risks across investment management functions, providing regular transparency via reporting and metrics.
- Analyze operational incidents, identify systems enhancements to reduce future risk, document business and engineering requirements and work with the partner teams to sponsor and execute on projects to enhance processes and controls.
- Collaborate with Corporate and Engineering partner teams to drive standardization and adoption of health metrics across the business.
- Partner with Corporate and IM teams to standardize / consolidate portfolio and performance reporting circulated across the firm, including clarifying responsibilities and ownership.
- Work with portfolio managers to define a robust set of monthly metrics to provide the transparency around the health of the portfolios.
- Work hand in hand with Portfolio Management Engineering to build out a new reporting platform to provide ease of accessibility to reports and metrics across different media (email, mobile, desktop).
- Establish first line of defense for maintaining high confidence on data quality for reporting across the business including defining the data sources needed for all reporting and establishing / monitoring data availability and quality SLAs
- Conduct current state assessments, develop future state processes, document business requirements, coordinate testing, and drive primary responsible for overall solution delivery.
- Manage partners with diverse agendas, driving meetings, developing consensus, managing project schedules, and applying standard methodologies of project management to deliver technology-based solutions (especially project status communications).
You should possess the following qualifications:
- 8+ years of proven experience in full lifecycle of project management – designing, developing and implementing business processes and supporting implementation of technology solutions.
- Ideal candidates would have direct (or as a consultant) buy-side experience.
- Experience in producing comprehensive documentation (e.g., functional requirements, meeting notes, etc.) with the ability to communicate at both a high level as well as detailed level.
- This role requires both “big-picture” thinking and “in-the-weeds” analysis/delivery skills.
- You will have excellent problem-solving and analytical abilities, attention to detail, a strong work ethic, self-directed, and work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Familiar with good data management practices.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office (specifically Excel, PowerPoint), Google Suite Apps, JIRA.
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.