New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
The Operations team ensures the Investment Manager’s trading assets are settled, serviced, valued, and accurately represented on our books and records for downstream reporting. We strive for 100% straight thru processing including T0 matching of our trading activity, T+1 position and PNL reconciliation, and timely processing of post trade events including options processing and asset servicing. Operations identifies and resolves differences between our internal data and the data represented by prime brokerage, clearing, custodian, and fund administrator platforms used to settle, clear, and custody our positions and administer our funds in a timely manner.
We are seeking a hardworking and exceptionally detail-oriented Operations Associate to join our Operations team. You will be performing vital middle office / post trade support functions and participating in projects and initiatives that will help Two Sigma build and develop critical business activities and manage operational risk.
Candidates should be a strong problem solver with critical thinking abilities, possess strong relationship management skills, have the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks, and takes a collaborative approach to team engagement. If you are excited about joining a fast-paced, dynamic team, we'd love to meet you!
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Perform trade reconciliations
- Define and implement operational risk controls
- Reconcile internal positions across multiple counterparties and asset classes
- Manage admin positions/transactions/cash reconciliations exceptions across multiple counterparties
- Manage T+0 matching and settlements across multiple asset classes and markets
- Manage mandatory/voluntary corporate action event and post trade event lifecycles
- Analyze our existing operational platform to establish straight through processing and find efficiencies
- Partner with technology teams to deliver automated processes
- Track, resolve, and remediate incidents
You should possess the following qualifications:
- Minimum 1 year of experience required; preferred 5-8 years of operations experience at an investment management firm, fund administrator, or prime broker
- Bachelor's degree (preferably in finance or economics)
- Full trade lifecycle and post trade processing experience in equities and macro asset classes
- Data analytical and visualization skills (e.g. compiling datasets and identifying anomalies/trends)
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
- Hybrid Work Policy: Flexible in-office days with budget for home office setup
The base pay for this role will be between $100,000 and $175,000. This role may also be eligible for other forms of compensation and benefits, such as a discretionary bonus, health, dental and other wellness plans and 401(k) contributions. Discretionary bonus can be a significant portion of total compensation. Actual compensation for successful candidates will be carefully determined based on a number of factors, including their skills, qualifications and experience.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.