New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a different kind of investment manager. Since 2001, we have used data science and technology to derive insights that forecast the future and discover value in markets worldwide. Our team of scientists, technologists and academics looks beyond traditional finance to understand the bigger picture and develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most difficult economic problems. Our work spans markets and industries, from insurance and securities to private investments and new ventures.
We are seeking a talented and detail-oriented Operations Associate to join our Operations team, performing vital middle office / trade support functions and participating in projects and initiatives that will help Two Sigma build and develop this critical business activity.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Ensuring that trading systems are utilizing reconciled information and that all operational procedures and risk controls are set
- Reconciliation of trades, positions, cash, and etc. across all counterparties and asset classes
- Researching and resolving breaks
- Reviewing/releasing P&L to various internal business groups
- Trade matching and settlements (e.g. pre-matching/fails)
- Corporate action processing (mandatory & voluntary)
- Coordinating various processes and guidelines with the Accounting, Financial Resources Management, Legal, and Compliance teams
- Supporting business initiatives such as onboarding new counterparties/vendors, trading new strategies, and trading new markets/asset classes.
- Analyzing our existing operational platform to establish straight through processing and other efficiencies
You should possess the following qualifications:
- 5-8 years of operations experience at an asset management firm, prime broker, or fund administrator
- Bachelor's degree (preferably in economics, engineering or finance)
- Extensive experience with MS Office
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional attention to details and processes
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks in addition to the daily responsibilities
- Strong problem solving/critical thinking abilities
- Thrives in a collaborative environment
- Analytical skills (e.g. compiling datasets and identifying anomalies/trends)
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.