Operations, Corporate Actions Specialist
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is currently seeking an Asset Servicing Specialist to join the operations team. In this role you will work within a specialized team responsible for all aspects of the Corporate Actions life-cycle. Daily tasks include; global mandatory & voluntary event notification, research & interpretation, election authentication, and the timely reconciliation and allocation of entitlements.
- Maintain a global Corporate Action database in line with information transmitted from providers and data vendors for all event types inclusive of: splits, dividends, merger/acquisitions, DRIP’s, tender offers, dutch auctions, exchange offers, consents, & subscriptions.
- Coordinate and manage the tabulation of voluntary event elections through interaction with Portfolio Managers & Researchers.
- Manage the disbursement and confirmation of voluntary election instructions via Swift and/or email with numerous custodians & prime brokers while abiding by multiple deadlines throughout the day.
- Reconcile and process global mandatory & voluntary event payments across numerous portfolios.
- Research and resolve inquiries from both internal & external counterparties including custodians, prime brokers & administrators.
- Identify, research, and distribute notifications to multiple groups pertaining to exceptional/high risk events such as non-standard delisting’s and high exposure takeovers.
- Handle class action claims by working with an industry leading provider to maximize settlement award recovery.
- Provide support with tasks outside of the day to day such as provider & administrator performance monitoring & procedure/controls documentation.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent work experience with a minimum GPA of 3.2 or above
- 6 to 10 years of related industry experience, preferably on the sell side
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with an emphasis on Excel & familiarity with the full suite of Corp. Action Swift message types.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team in a deadline driven, high-risk environment.
- Ability to multitask and deal with competing priorities.
- Experience with FIS XSP Toolbar is a plus, but not required.