Operations Manager: Data Product
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
We are looking for a highly-organized and results-oriented professional to manage operations for data workflows across external partners. In this role you’ll be helping advance our efforts around discovering value in the world’s evolving and dynamic data landscape. The ideal candidate is entrepreneurial and has experience managing day-to-day operations while focused on productivity and efficiency.
The role involves a blend of analytical skills, resource management and relationship management. The successful candidate will have the ability to solve problems on the spot as well as see the big picture and identify potential improvements. Ideally, the candidate will have their finger on the pulse of external workforces and will be able to catch potential problems before they arise. The candidate will also feel comfortable challenging existing business practices to find more effective ways to meet objectives. Excellent communication skills and an organized mindset will be assets in this role. You will be working with a cross-functional team in a highly collaborative environment.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- You will be responsible for managing both operational and relational elements of the partnership between our team and external workforces
- Develop, implement, update and consistently apply standardized processes that lead to reliable and high quality data
- Monitor key performance indicators to assure effectiveness and compliance with quality and productivity expectations
- Tackle day-to-day challenges across technology, personnel and data with equanimity and creativity
- Collaborate closely on a tight-knit start-up team to shape our foundational platform
You should possess the following qualifications:
- 10+ years of total experience; 6+ years directly managing critical operations
- BA/BS with a strong academic track record
- Proven leadership; ability to see big picture, identify problems and create high-level roadmaps and strategy to ensure scalability and reliability across all external workforces
- Demonstrated success building collaborative working relationships with broad and diverse stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to manage multiple requests across cross-functional project teams setting timelines, taking follow up action, and communicating results
- Proficiency in data analysis; ability to use data to proactively influence impactful decisions
- Humble and a hands on creative problem solver who is highly results-oriented
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
- Hybrid Work Policy: Flexible in-office days with budget for home office setup
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.