Options Trader/Portfolio Manager
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
Two Sigma Securities brings a scientific approach to systematic trading and risk management to make markets more efficient. Our team trades over 10,000 US equities and 4,000 listed options, leveraging our high performance trading system to execute over 850 million shares per day. Two Sigma Securities is entering an exciting growth phase. We value the insights of our colleagues and encourage them to innovate and shape their own work agenda. New joiners use our proprietary platform to work on diverse projects. From building next generation trading technologies and researching novel AI and machine learning techniques to enhancing our strategies and deploying automation, our team is pushing the frontier in systematic trading.
Two Sigma is seeking an individual to monitor and manage position/factor risk in our automated options market making business
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Oversee of a multi asset derivatives portfolio
- Work with quantitative research to better understand portfolio risks and develop systematic strategies for risk pricing and mitigation
- Implement manual hedging strategies to enhance risk adjusted returns
- Work with the Risk team to guide portfolio through market stress events
You should possess the following qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience in Options trading
- Knowledge of a wide of derivatives products for both listed and OTC markets, and market making/risk management
- Ability to perform data analyst in Python or another quantitative programming environment is a must
- Experience trading VIX products is a plus.
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.