New York, New York, United States
We are seeking an analytical and detail-oriented individual to join our Human Resources team in the support and expansion of our payroll process. This individual will not be responsible for managing a team but will be collaborating closely with several members of the Reward team. You will be responsible for a range of responsibilities that span the following:
- Overseeing and assisting with processing of all Two Sigma payrolls (US, UK, HK, JP and expat), including data management, compliance with tax requirements, and assisting employees with questions;
- Provide expert payroll knowledge in complex environment with issues such as special/unique payrolls, 401K administration, deferred compensation etc.;
- Manage and oversee all Federal, State, Local, 401k, Workers’ Comp and internal audits;
- Partnering effectively with all HR teams, and various departments including but not limited to Tax, Legal and Accounting;
- Ensure payroll compliance and controls across various regions and states;
- Coordinate tax set up and filing of remote office locations in various states and localities, and new locations as they are established;
- Resolve payroll issues working through escalation processes when necessary;
- Assisting in the coordination of year-end processing;
- Upgrading and automating our current payroll practices;
- Maintaining documentation to ensure all payroll processes are properly supported;
- Manage time and attendance management system and ensure the completeness and accuracy of timesheet information flows into payroll;
- Familiarity with international tax reporting;
- Providing ad hoc reporting and project support.
• A bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or a related field.
• 6+ years related work experience with minimum of 3 years direct payroll experience
• Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to proactively and assertively anticipate issues and address them as they arise.
• Solid working knowledge of payroll practices, tax and compliance.
• Extensive experience with a leading payroll software – ADP highly preferred.
• Strong MS Excel skills.
• Past experience working with Workday is a plus.