Platform Engineer: Two Sigma Ventures
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma Ventures Platform Engineer
Two Sigma Ventures invests financial capital and human capital in ambitious early-stage entrepreneurs using data science and engineering to build the future. Through our partnership with Two Sigma Investments, we provide entrepreneurs access to a proprietary network of experienced professionals and startup resources to give their new business an advantage. For more information, please visit twosigmaventures.com.
TSV is seeking a full stack engineer to lead the development of our technology platform. We believe that applying data and automation to various aspects of our investing process will aid us in identifying and supporting the most promising companies.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Collaborating with the TSV team on the short-term and long-term vision for a suite of VC focused products related to data analysis, deal sourcing, company evaluation, portfolio monitoring, team collaboration, and more.
- Building tools, dashboards, and products that enable the team to collaborate with partners both internal and external to Two Sigma
- Identifying and evaluating proprietary and public data sets pertinent to venture capital
- Building statistical models to inform TSV’s investment process
- Working on the entire research process from data extraction to tools that can be used by the rest of the team
- Using your intuition about startups and the venture capital industry to explore new ideas and hypotheses
- Self-motivated, intellectually curious, and a strong work ethic
- Excellent oral, written communication and presentation skills
- BS/MS/PhD in computer science (or other evidence of technical training)
- 5+ years of experience as full-stack web developer who has built user-facing products
- Familiarity with statistical or machine learning techniques and associated programming languages (Python, R)
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leave
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.