Platform Engineer: Two Sigma Ventures
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma Ventures Platform Engineer
Two Sigma Ventures (TSV) is a venture fund that focuses on startups leveraging advanced technology such as data science, AI, machine learning, bioinformatics, and predictive analytics to solve problems in a wide variety of industries. TSV is affiliated with Two Sigma Investments, a $50B technology-driven asset management company that employs around 1400 people, including 200 PhDs, who believe in the power of math, data and technology to produce innovative solutions to the world’s challenges. We are one of the few venture firms that can tap into such a strong group of technical experts to support startups, and our long-term capital orientation enables us to focus on companies pursuing big, world-changing ideas.
TSV is seeking a full stack engineer to lead the development of our technology platform. We believe that applying data and automation to various aspects of our investing process will aid us in identifying and supporting the most promising companies.
What you will be doing:
· Collaborating with the TSV team on the short-term and long-term vision for a suite of VC focused products related to data analysis, deal sourcing, company evaluation, portfolio monitoring, team collaboration, and more.
· Building tools, dashboards, and products that enable the team to collaborate with partners both internal and external to Two Sigma
· Identifying and evaluating proprietary and public data sets pertinent to venture capital
· Building statistical models to inform TSV’s investment process
· Working on the entire research process from data extraction to tools that can be used by the rest of the team
· Using your intuition about startups and the venture capital industry to explore new ideas and hypotheses
Why you love what you will be doing:
· You will be pioneering the burgeoning field of quantitatively assisted VC investment.
· You’ll have access to world class technical resources
· Access to unique and robust technical resources in both people and tools through Two Sigma Investments
· Flexibility and support to drive the success of your projects. This includes unmatched:
o Access to private and vendor data sets at your discretion
o Significant influence over your role and the projects you want to work on
o Opportunity to pioneer a systematic approach to venture capital and a develop a deeper understanding of the industry
o Build a small, focused team and work with smart, fun colleagues to achieve collective goals
· Self-motivated, intellectually curious, and a strong work ethic
· Excellent oral, written communication and presentation skills
· BS/MS/PhD in computer science (or other evidence of technical training)
· 5+ years of experience as full-stack web developer who has built user-facing products
· Familiarity with statistical or machine learning techniques and associated programming languages (Python, R)
· Entrepreneurial, leadership, design or product management experience