Portfolio Research Analyst
New York, New York, United States
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
We are seeking a creative and research-minded portfolio analyst to join one of our growing Quantitative Systematic Investment Teams. This small, flexible team manages a variety of region-specific and global mandates for institutional clients, from long-only, to 130/30, to market-neutral – actively investing several billion dollars in aggregate using quantitative, systematic approaches.
Portfolio analysts at Two Sigma directly interface with major clients and closely partner with research and engineering teams across the company; they learn a tremendous amount about the investment approach and process and can thus educate internal and external parties alike. Contributing to the business’s success requires ownership of an expansive range of responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- Making short term technical/investment decisions;
- Driving longer term strategic business initiatives;
- Proactively analyzing data, running simulations, and pursuing wide-ranging research to improve performance;
- Developing tools and platform enhancements to bolster productivity through innovative system-building and automation.
- Bachelor’s degree in; mathematics, engineering, physics, statistics (or a related quantitative or technical discipline) with a minimum overall GPA of 3.5.
- A post-graduate degree indicating strong quantitative and technical ability is preferred
- 2+ years relevant experience ideally within portfolio research, portfolio management, portfolio monitoring/risk in a quantitative research/analyst, or related function.
- Adept coding experience utilizing; Java, Python, C++ or Groovy is a prerequisite.
- Applicants selected will be evaluated on both their technical skills and their ability to demonstrate clear judgment, critical thinking, keen attention to detail, and intellectual honesty.