Portfolio Servicing Analyst
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial technology company in SoHo that explores the fascinating intersection of big data, artificial intelligence and finance. We currently manage over $47 billion AUM with 1200+ staff spanning New York, London, Houston and Hong Kong. We apply the scientific method to investment management and are not your typical investment manager. We follow principles of technology and innovation with equal regard to principles of investment management. Fields like machine learning and distributed computing guide us. Since 2001, we have searched for ways that these kinds of technologies can make us better at what we do.
We are looking for an analyst to join the Portfolio Servicing and Operations team within our Asset Management business. Asset Management at Two Sigma leverages the firm’s research, data, and technology-driven approach to provide investment solutions to leading institutional investors globally. The Portfolio Servicing and Operations function within Asset Management strives to ensure reliability of the daily operation of the business and our portfolio management function, providing a robust foundation for the business to grow upon. Working in conjunction with the Asset Management Investment Team and colleagues in Engineering and Corporate across the firm, this function ensures that business-specific operating needs are properly defined, monitored, and managed on a regular basis.
Core competencies for this role include:
- Owning and managing the daily operational processes (e.g. investment mandate monitoring, regulatory trading requirements, investor-driven trading requirements, trading universe changes, capital activity management, FX hedging, corporate action processing, amongst others)
- Analyzing existing portfolio operations processes for capability gaps or areas of improvement and recommending scalable solutions to improve efficiency and enhance controls.
- Assisting the team with implementation (new/enhance existing) of systems/processes which includes documenting requirements, testing and supporting rollout to the stakeholders
- Coordinating with modeling, portfolio management, engineering, and corporate teams on support issues and improvements to operational tools and processes
- Providing support with tasks outside day to day operations such as performance monitoring, reporting/metrics, procedure/controls documentation and escalation policy enhancements
- Bachelor’s degree with a strong academic record, preferably in finance, economics, mathematics, engineering, or related discipline
- 5-8 years of operations experience preferably at an asset management firm, prime broker, or fund administrator
Skills and Requirements
- Strong operations and support mentality, with ability to identify potential gaps or problems, areas for improvement, and performance bottlenecks and suggest potential solutions.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical abilities, attention to detail, and a strong work ethic.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to multitask and manage competing priorities.
- Advanced Skills in Excel and MS Office; database, and SQL experience preferred and coding is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of financial markets, the investment lifecycle, and electronic/algorithmic trading systems is a plus.