Portfolio Servicing Analyst
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a different kind of investment manager. Since 2001, we have used data science and technology to derive insights that forecast the future and discover value in markets worldwide. Our team of scientists, technologists and academics looks beyond traditional finance to understand the bigger picture and develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most difficult economic problems. Our work spans across markets and industries, from insurance and securities to private investments and new ventures.
We are looking for an analyst to join the Portfolio Servicing and Operations team within our Asset Management business. Asset Management at Two Sigma leverages the firm’s research, data, and technology-driven approach to provide investment solutions to leading institutional investors globally. The Portfolio Servicing and Operations function within Asset Management strives to ensure reliability of the daily operation of the business and our portfolio management function, providing a robust foundation for the business to grow upon. Working in conjunction with the Asset Management Investment Team and colleagues in Engineering and Corporate across the firm, this function ensures that business-specific operating needs are properly defined, monitored, and managed on a regular basis.
Core competencies for this role include:
- Owning and managing the daily operational processes (e.g. investment mandate monitoring, regulatory trading requirements, investor-driven trading requirements, trading universe changes, capital activity management, FX hedging, corporate action processing, amongst others)
- Analyzing existing portfolio operations processes for capability gaps or areas of improvement and recommending scalable solutions to improve efficiency and enhance controls.
- Assisting the team with implementation (new/enhance existing) of systems/processes which includes documenting requirements, testing and supporting rollout to the stakeholders
- Coordinating with modeling, portfolio management, engineering, and corporate teams on support issues and improvements to operational tools and processes
- Providing support with tasks outside day to day operations such as performance monitoring, reporting/metrics, procedure/controls documentation and escalation policy enhancements
- Bachelor’s degree with a strong academic record, preferably in finance, economics, mathematics, engineering, or related discipline
- 3-5 years of operations experience preferably at an asset management firm, prime broker, or fund administrator
Skills and Requirements:
- Strong operations and support mentality, with ability to identify potential gaps or problems, areas for improvement, and performance bottlenecks and suggest potential solutions
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical abilities, attention to detail, and a strong work ethic
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to multitask and manage competing priorities
- Advanced Skills in Excel and MS Office; database and SQL experience preferred and coding is a plus but not required
- Understanding of financial markets, the investment lifecycle, and electronic/algorithmic trading systems is a plus but not required
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.