Portfolio Servicing Associate
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
We are looking for an associate to join the Portfolio Servicing and Initiatives team within our Investment Management business. The Portfolio Servicing and Initiatives function within Investment Management (IM) strives to ensure the reliability and efficiency of the daily operation of the IM business and our portfolio management function, providing a robust foundation for the business to grow upon. Working in conjunction with the broader Investment Management team and colleagues in Engineering and Corporate across the firm, this function ensures that business-specific operating needs are properly defined, monitored, and managed on a regular basis.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Owning and managing daily operational processes (e.g. investment mandate monitoring, regulatory trading requirements, investor-driven trading requirements, trading universe changes, capital activity management, FX hedging, corporate action processing, amongst others)
- Analyzing existing portfolio operations processes for capability gaps or areas of improvement and recommending scalable solutions to improve efficiency and enhance controls.
- Assisting the team with implementation (new/enhance existing) of systems/processes which includes documenting requirements, testing, and supporting rollout to the stakeholders
- Coordinating with modeling, portfolio management, engineering, and corporate teams on new platform initiatives; support issues and improvements to operational tools and processes
- Providing support with tasks outside day to day operations such as performance monitoring, reporting/metrics, procedure/controls documentation, and escalation policy enhancements.
You should possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree with a strong academic record, preferably in finance, economics, mathematics, engineering, or related field
- 8-12 years of operations experience preferably at an asset management firm, prime broker, or fund administrator
- Strong operations and support mentality, with ability to identify potential gaps or problems, areas for improvement, and performance bottlenecks and suggest potential solutions.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical abilities, attention to detail, and a strong work ethic.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to multitask and manage competing priorities.
- Advanced skills in Excel and MS Office; database and SQL experience preferred and coding is a plus.
- Understanding of financial markets, the investment lifecycle, and electronic/algorithmic trading systems is a plus
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
- Hybrid Work Policy: Flexible in-office days with budget for home office setup
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.