Portfolios Business Manager
New York, New York, United States
Share with: Facebook Twitter Send to a friend
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
Within our Investment Management business, the Portfolios division of one of the three pillars driving our equities business. The Portfolios team consists of modelers, portfolio managers, traders, and business managers, all working to maximize the value of our equities business through quantitative research, strategic expansion, and seamless operation.
We are seeking a business manager with strong operational expertise to drive strategic alignment and efficiency across the Portfolios area and its many initiatives. As a business manager for Portfolios, you will drive the broader equities business forward by leading cross-team and cross-functional initiatives, including defining business cases, understanding requirements and writing specifications, coordinating with engineering, corporate, and other modeling teams, and managing execution and release across both production trading and research environments. Success in this role will have a major positive impact on the breadth of trading within the equities business, as well as the efficiency and throughput of our quantitative research into actualized business value.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Identify business opportunities, priorities, requirements, and dependencies for key Portfolios initiatives
- Develop roadmaps to drive strategic business initiatives
- Generate and deliver key business and operating metrics
- Identify synergies and potential conflicts, and collaborate across functions to identify optimal solutions
- Participate in Equities strategic planning with key partners across Modeling, Engineering, and Corporate functions to define and review business needs, dependencies, opportunities, and challenges
- Curate and communicate key business updates and promote internal knowledge sharing within and outside of Portfolios
You should possess the following qualifications:
- 4+ years of experience in technology, management consulting, or financial services organization contributing to the development of complex technology or financial products
- B.A. / B.S. or higher degree in majors of engineering, computer science, data science, math, finance or related fields
- Excellent project management and organizational skills, with track record of organizing and successfully delivering concurrent high-quality, cross-functional projects with explicit timelines
- Demonstrated success in cross-functional roles and in building collaborative working relationships
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, able to engage with people across all levels of the organization and across functional roles
- Pragmatic, process and results oriented
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
- Hybrid Work Policy: Flexible in-office days with budget for home office setup
The base pay for this role will be between $125,000 and $250,000. This role may also be eligible for other forms of compensation and benefits, such as a discretionary bonus, health, dental and other wellness plans and 401(k) contributions. Discretionary bonus can be a significant portion of total compensation. Actual compensation for successful candidates will be carefully determined based on a number of factors, including their skills, qualifications and experience.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.