New York, New York, United States
What is Two Sigma and why apply for a job with us?
Two Sigma is a career destination for the intellectually curious who want to learn, invent, and create. The people of Two Sigma – a dynamic and diverse group of scientists, engineers, and business professionals – are accomplished analytical thinkers and passionate problem solvers.
We are a technology company that applies a rigorous, scientific method-based approach to investment management. Since our founding in 2001, Two Sigma’s vision has been to develop technological innovations that intelligently analyze the world’s data to consistently deliver value for our clients.
Marketing and Communications at Two Sigma
At Two Sigma, the Marketing and Communications team is breaking ground by determining how to best communicate in a new era of investment management.
Our team is responsible for cultivating, marketing, and communicating all that is special about Two Sigma. Our strategy, our values, and our culture actively inform our initiatives. We strive to inspire and resonate with our important audiences: current employees, prospective employees, clients, and the media.
Marketing and Communications at Two Sigma helps people understand and experience who we are and why we’re different. We know that if we attract and retain exceptional scientists, engineers, and business professionals who share our valuesand give them the hardest and most intriguing problems to solve on an ongoing basis we will achieve our business goals. It’s just that simple. We work as partners across the organization to create a thriving culture and stimulating work environment.
We are seeking a highly skilled presentation designer to design, organize and iteratively improve a wide range of slide decks for all Two Sigma-related brands and initiatives. You will partner with the brand designers, Marketing & Communications team, and other internal stakeholders to support org-wide internal communications efforts and external marketing and communications efforts for our business lines and recruiting groups. Your work on slide deck layout and templates will help the design team develop and maintain the visual identity systems for our family of brands.
The ideal candidate will have both a strong design aesthetic and a very high standard for usability and technical robustness in presentation design. You will need to be both responsive to the needs of internal clients and articulate in championing brand standards. You will combine skills in graphic design, illustration and data visualization with a core competency in slide layout, PowerPoint animations and template creation.
Beyond great aesthetics and skills, the candidate will be intellectually curious, highly collaborative, and team-oriented.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Building out a suite of robust branded templates for presentations, distributing them, and monitoring their usage.
- Investing in fully understanding our internal clients’ content in order to recommend thoughtful and innovative visual approaches.
- Collaborating with internal stakeholders to produce presentation content and reusable design blocks that engage audiences and deliver the brand
- Using templates and brand guidelines to lay out recurring Two Sigma presentations and publications
- Ensuring consistent brand standards across all materials
- Organizing, cataloging, and socializing presentation-related visual assets
- Occasionally assisting the brand designers on other graphic design projects.
- BFA in Design or related field with 2-3 years practical presentation design experience
- Deep technical knowledge of PowerPoint and Google Slides, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop including sophisticated animations. Proficiency with Tableau and Processing preferred but not required.
- Ability to adjust design approach for print and live presentation use cases
- A strong portfolio showing an ability to design for tech, academic, and corporate environments
- Commitment for delivering work on time, with minimal supervision
- Strong attention to detail with an ownership mentality
- An editor’s eye, with the ability to check language for grammar and typos
- Ability to work within a brand system and deliver on-brand designs while contributing creative ideas for expressing the brand in new ways
- Professional manner and highly polished interpersonal and written communication skills
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment, as well as work independently and exercise sound professional judgment
- Ability to handle tight deadlines and several projects simultaneously
- Commitment to responsiveness, high quality work and confidentiality and customer service