Primary Research Analyst (Contract)
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
We’re seeking a passionate, multi-talented, and creative investment analyst to assist with our research efforts. You will work closely with our primary research team to evaluate market structures and supply chains across a wide array of industries to help identify key investment questions and economic concepts.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Perform well-structured, deep dive, bottom-up fundamental research on market structures, supply chains, as well as specific companies to derive key investment questions, and relevant KPIs across a wide variety of industries
- Identify and deeply evaluate thematic views and economic concepts, industry trends, and idiosyncratic questions
- Identify key private company executives for primary research calls
- Produce detailed sub-industry and supply chain reports mapped to specific company tickers
- Discover datasets through planning of near and long term strategies with Two Sigma leadership
You should possess the following qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience in equity research or consulting
- MBA preferred with strong academic track record
- Deep fundamental research skill set
- Proven idea generation and investment track record
- Demonstrated ability to leverage big data in financial markets
- Exception analytic skills with desire to tackle complex problems
- Work experience in the healthcare industry highly desirable
- Strong communication, written and verbal
- Strong work ethic, self-starter and quick-study mentality; proven ability to work independently
- Proactive and persistent
- Creativity and entrepreneurial
- Proficient in MS Office Suites