Primary Research Analyst
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
We’re seeking a passionate, analytical, and creative associate to help shape our primary research efforts. You will work closely with our primary research team to evaluate market structures and supply chains across a wide array of industries, identifying key investment questions and economic concepts, interviewing relevant experts, and building conduits for direct data collection. You will also work collaboratively with our quantitative research teams, supporting their efforts to understand new domains and advancing the firm’s overall data strategy.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Perform well-structured, deep dive, bottom-up fundamental research on market structures, supply chains, as well as specific companies to derive key investment questions, and relevant KPIs across a wide variety of industries
- Identify and deeply evaluate thematic views and economic concepts, industry trends, and idiosyncratic questions
- Identify key private company executives for primary research calls
- Produce detailed sub-industry and supply chain reports mapped to specific company tickers
- Working with data leadership, business leadership, data strategists to shape our long-term data strategy
- Supporting the development of a firm-wide proprietary content strategy and primary research capability by conducting surveys, managing vendor relationships and overseeing web-scraping
You should possess the following qualifications:
- A strong academic track record with university coursework or related data analysis experience.
- 1-3 years of experience in roles within the fields of fundamental/equity research, consulting and/or investment management;
- BA / BS degree – with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.6;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Impressive work ethic, self-starter and quick-study mentality; proven ability to work independently
- Deep intellectual curiosity and passion for research and entrepreneurship;
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills;
- Eagerness to contribute in a fast-paced, outcome-oriented environment
- Experience with Tableau or Looker is a plus
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, and paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.