New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a different kind of investment manager. Since 2001, we have used data science and technology to derive insights to forecast the future and discover value in markets worldwide. Our team of scientists, technologists and academics looks beyond traditional finance to understand the bigger picture and to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most difficult economic problems. Our work spans markets and industries, from insurance and securities to private investments and new ventures.
As a seed member of the Primary Research capability, you will work very closely with Two Sigma’s team of data scientists and quantitative researchers to create compelling and data-driven content that will become a key component of our systematic investment process and to drive thought leadership internally and externally around industry - and company-specific analyses.
When you work with us, you tackle tough problems alongside other scientists and engineers, who will challenge your ideas and from whom you can really learn from. And you’ll be doing work that matters to a lot of people, too. Our investors include some of the world’s largest retirement funds, research institutions, educational endowments, healthcare systems and foundations. We admire what they do, and we’re proud to serve these organizations.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Create and implement quantitative surveys and other tools to measure an array of economic activities across multiple sectors and geographies
- Establish and manage relationships with multiple vendors
- Manage our efforts to appropriately harvest publicly available data from the Web
- Source experts from expert networks for our analysts to engage
- Work closely with our analysts and modelers as well as certain third parties to identify and understand pertinent questions and points of friction for companies and industries that can be effectively addressed through primary research efforts
You should possess the following qualifications:
- 7 years+ conducting and evaluating primary research
- Strong academic track record
- Leading and guiding teams to develop predictive models through the usage of primary research
- Deep understanding of primary research methods, alternative data, market research, and data science
- Refined written and verbal communication skills
- Intellectual curiosity and motivation to innovate and improve
- Strong work ethic, self-starter, and results-focused
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents,
- Additional Benefits: 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, and paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.