Procurement Buyer - IT
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
We have an opening on our Procurement team! This position will support a broad range of the company’s order fulfillment and buying needs across Technology (hardware, software, telecom and cloud) as well as Professional Corporate Services with a focus on HR, travel, logistics, facilities and global operations.
The Procurement Buyer is an integral member of the Procurement team and is expected to collaborate closely with the Sourcing team and focus on accuracy, clear communication, organization and timeliness of execution. We are seeking someone who is goal oriented, has an entrepreneurial spirit with ability to execute, competent decision-making skills and excellent analytics abilities grounded in data and logic. You should have the ability to effectively deal with multiple and sometimes conflicting priorities and timelines. Does this sound like you? If so, we would love to hear from you!
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Strategic sourcing, supplier management, data & analytics, outsourcing, commercial review, contract management, and the financing and acquisition of a broad range of products and services across the organization, subsidiaries and affiliates.
- Delivering savings and value creation across the enterprise while ensuring that the products and services are not only bought for quality and in accordance with the commodity strategies, but ultimately purchased in partnership with well performing suppliers.
- Collaboration across various levels of seniority with Accounts Payable, Accounting, FP&A, Tax and Legal.
You should possess the following qualifications:
- BA/BS (advanced degrees preferred)
- 5+ years of experience as a buyer in dynamic, fast-paced environments or other relevant, transferrable experience
- Excellent analytical, mathematic, verbal and communication skills
- Strong knowledge of procurement processes, practices and standards
- Ability to function autonomously
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to influence
- Familiarity with systems like SAP Ariba, JIRA, DocuSign, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) is a plus
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.