New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a different kind of investment manager. Since 2001, we have used data science and technology to derive insights that forecast the future and discover value in markets worldwide. Our team of scientists, technologists and academics looks beyond traditional finance to understand the bigger picture and develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most difficult economic problems. Our work spans markets and industries, from insurance and securities to private investments and new ventures.
The Procurement team is responsible for strategic sourcing, buying, supplier management, data & analytics, outsourcing, commercial review, contract management, financing and acquisition of a broad range of products and services across the organization, subsidiaries and affiliates. As a Procurement Specialist at Two Sigma, you will support a broad range of the company’s order fulfillment and buying needs across Technology (hardware, software, telecom and cloud) as well as Professional Corporate Services(HR, travel, logistics, facilities and global operations). The Procurement Specialist will be responsible for delivering savings and value creation across the enterprise while ensuring that the products and services are not only purchased for quality and in accordance with the commodity strategies, but ultimately purchased in partnership with well performing suppliers.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Drive an efficient, transparent and ethical procurement process, with an ability to navigate through ambiguity
- Participate in transformational and cost-savings initiatives
- Partner with global suppliers, ensuring open and transparent communication of supplier performance feedback
- Negotiate individual deal terms and drive consolidations across the firm
- Provide thoughtful and actionable project updates to leadership
- Leverage analytics to make data-driven decisions and recommendations to stakeholders and leaders
You should possess the following qualifications:
- 5 years of related experience in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with familiarity with hardware, software, professional services, labor and facilities procurement/buying trends
- BA / BS degree
- Proven track record of procurement for value, integrity, process adherence and negotiations
- Outstanding attention to detail with an ability to work effectively on a team and autonomously
- Experience managing through ambiguity
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office suite with excellent Excel skills; previous experience with ERP systems strongly preferred
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, and paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.