Procurement Lead, Professional Services
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
We have an opening on our Procurement team! The Procurement team is responsible for strategic sourcing, supplier management, data & analytics, outsourcing, commercial review, contract management, and the financing and acquisition of a broad range of products and services across the organization, subsidiaries and affiliates. This position will primarily support the company’s Professional and Corporate Services with a focus on HR, Travel, BPO, Supplier Performance and other non-technology services.
The Procurement Lead for Professional Services will be responsible for setting and executing near-term goals and long-term strategies while ensuring that services are not only sourced for quality, but ultimately purchased efficiently and cost-effectively in partnership with well performing suppliers. The Procurement Lead will also be expected to collaborate closely with the Procurement team’s key partners to jointly develop project scope, lead and negotiate contracts/SOWs and Ts/Cs, establish Key Performance Indicators & Service Level Agreements and make data-driven decisions. In addition to expertise in all aspects of procurement in general, the position will be Procurement’s focal point for firm-wide collaboration across various levels of seniority with Accounts Payable, Accounting, FP&A, Tax and Legal.
We are seeking someone who is goal oriented, has an entrepreneurial spirit with ability to execute, competent decision-making skills and excellent analytics abilities grounded in data and logic. You should have the ability to effectively deal with multiple and sometimes conflicting priorities and timelines. Does this sound like you? If so, we would love to hear from you!
You should possess the following qualifications:
- BA/BS (advanced degrees preferred)
- 7+ years of experience in Professional Services procurement in dynamic, fast-paced environments or other relevant, transferrable experience
- Demonstrated experience with project leadership and change management experience
- Excellent Excel, analytical, mathematic, verbal and communication skills
- Strong knowledge of procurement processes, practices and standards
- Ability to function autonomously
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to influence
- Familiarity with systems like SAP Ariba, JIRA, DocuSign, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) is a plus
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.