Procurement Specialist - Core Infrastructure
New York, New York, United States
Core Infrastructure at Two Sigma
The Core Infrastructure group at Two Sigma designs and builds the complex and compelling infrastructure that makes what we do possible.
Our engineers are collaborators in designing end-to-end solutions. They're actively involved in bringing our ideas to life. They partner across departments to engineer systems that address the richness of the problems we solve, as well as the diversity of challenges.
We keep the organization at the forefront of cutting-edge hardware. We design our networks to scale massively, so our formidable computing power can be brought to bear as we tackle the next generation of data analysis. We're not afraid to invest in deep infrastructure – thousands of computers communicating across lightning-fast networks actively engaged in discovery and analysis, driving the industry forward. We have talented, passionate individuals who build and maintain what exists today, and invent tomorrow.
Core Infrastructure Specialist Position
The Procurement Specialist role supports various aspects of technology procurement & asset lifecycle management, including:
- Hardware, software, and technology service requisition processing
- Vendor relationship management and price negotiation
- Invoice approval, categorization, reconciliation, and communication with Accounts Payable
- Lease financing management and equipment lease return scheduling and coordination
- Legal and service contract review, coordination and processing
- Procurement process tracking, SLA management and metrics generation
A successful Systems Procurement Specialist will be an individual who has exceptional organizational & analytical skills, is detail oriented, takes initiative, is a fast learner, and enjoys interactions and communications with other individuals, teams, and vendors. Previous experience in procurement, sourcing, vendor management, and knowledge of IT hardware, software, telecommunications are not necessary but are strongly desired.
Other Requirements Include:
- BA or BS in relevant field
- Experience in technology-related job or field
- 3-5 years of experience in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Minimum 3 years in Procurement/Purchasing role
- Experience in Microsoft Office suite with a commanding knowledge of Excel
- Knowledge of finance (GL coding, payment terms, vendor management) strongly preferred
- Experience with financial software such as Coupa, SAP Ariba, Lawson, Maconomy DDS, etc preferred, but not required.