Product Manager, Compute Platforms
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
Platform Engineering provides the underlying systems that enable our scientists to perform research and market simulations at massive scale, data engineers/analysts to on-board, transform and analyze petabytes of data, and engineers to develop, deploy, and operate modern cloud native applications. The products provided by platform engineering sit behind virtually all work performed by Two Sigma companies and our customers. We are the core that makes the company run!
We are seeking an experienced product manager to own the strategy and roadmap for our compute platforms that power all of Two Sigma operations at scale. These systems must enable a variety of workloads and use cases, provide access to an ever increasing demand for modern hardware platforms, and offer an easy to use interface for our wide array of user personas. The systems must balance strategy and growth with cost, security, and legacy integrations.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Perform external and internal market analysis to understand emerging trends, technologies, and practices in software engineering. Consider commercial, open source and internally developed services and applications.
- Partner with engineering to define, own, and maintain the vision, strategy and roadmap for orchestration and compute platforms used by the firm.
- Engage with the customer community, be the chief customer advocate and represent the needs, interests, and priorities of a diverse, and sophisticated, set of stakeholders.
- Define problem statements, end-to-end user scenarios, requirements, and measures of success.
- Balance product vision with customer feedback to form a coherent strategy, including design, user requirements, market assessments, scalable delivery plan and marketing strategy.
- Be a product evangelist, drive customer engagement, and adoption.
- Manage vendor relationships and negotiations.
- Navigate a highly matrixed environment and successfully drive a transformational technology agenda.
You should possess the following qualifications:
- Ability to prioritize and communicate clearly, verbally and in writing.
- Software or technology product management. Strong technology background, including prior development/engineering experience desired.
- Working with customers to collect use cases, translate them into requirements, and evangelize solutions.
- Modern orchestration, serverless platforms and open source / cloud native ecosystem such as kubernetes and knative is a plus
- Experience with Agile development methodologies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related disciplines or equivalent experience in technical leadership roles.
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, and paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.