Product Manager - Data Engineering
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
Data Engineering is responsible for data ingestion and delivery, data discovery, data governance, and canonical feature creation for all research and foundational data for Two Sigma. Expanding the research horizon and market participation of Two Sigma by incorporating new novel datasets and accurately modeling the world’s financial markets are critical aspects of growing Two Sigma's business. The data engineering team is the primary driver for this growth.
We are seeking a technical Product Manager to join the Data Engineering team and help build the next generation data platform. As a Two Sigma Product Manager, you'll champion the rigorous, collaborative, scientific approach that allows us to meet the needs of our business. You'll join a forward-looking, future-reaching organization to build and evolve products that will scale with the company. You'll have amazing opportunities to learn from others and share your own expertise. You’ll constantly be challenged by a dynamic and fluid problem space.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Build the product vision, strategy, and roadmap for new data products and platforms to accelerate development and research for the company
- Establish a comprehensive and detail-oriented understanding of the needs of your customers and stakeholders. Be the advocate for the customer when working with engineering throughout the product development cycle
- Collaborate closely with engineering, project management and partner teams to foster the best outcomes for customers and stakeholders
- Use metrics and quantitative analysis to measure product utility, gain insights, find opportunities, and build consensus on product vision, strategy and roadmap
- Navigate trade offs and prioritization across a wide variety of customers and key stakeholders to identify release vehicles, milestones, and deliverables, including product management, engineering, research, and corporate groups
- Communicate vision, strategy and progress to customers and stakeholders in Two Sigma
You should possess the following qualifications:
- 5+ years developing highly successful technology products as a Product Manager
- A Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD degree in a technical or quantitative field.
- Experience with product ownership and driving a product vision, strategy and roadmap, including functional requirements gathering and prioritization
- Ability to work independently, take ownership of initiatives and be accountable for success
- Previous experience running cross organization initiatives that impact a number of customers and key stakeholders, including product management, engineering, research, and corporate groups.
- Experience with both operational and project responsibilities, with exceptional analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to assess technical platforms, identify problem areas, champion continuous improvement initiatives and drive innovation
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, and paid caregiver leaves
- Hybrid Work Policy: Flexible in-office days with budget for home office setup
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.