Product Manager: Foundational Data
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a different kind of investment manager. Since 2001, we have used data science and technology to derive insights that forecast the future and discover value in markets worldwide. Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond traditional finance to understand the bigger picture and develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most difficult economic problems. Our work spans markets and industries, from insurance and securities to private investments and new ventures.
For this role, we are seeking an experienced, technically minded Product Manager to help build the next generation data platform for security master and reference data at Two Sigma. You will join our close-knit team of engineers, data analysts, product managers and quantitative researchers to define the platform that models and stores some of the world's most complex & challenging financial data. This is an opportunity where you can help craft the product strategy and process optimizations for Two Sigma's data platform products.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Interacting with our research partners and business stakeholders to understand their needs, and communicating your insights back to your team.
- Work closely with Engineering, Product Management, and other stakeholders to identify release vehicles, milestones, and deliverables.
- Create product roadmaps, gather requirements, and prioritize new feature requests.
- Use metrics and quantitative analysis to measure product utility, identify opportunities for strategic bets, and build consensus on product direction and roadmap
- Communicate vision and progress to stakeholders in Two Sigma.
You should possess the following qualifications:
- 4+ years developing highly successful technology products
- Previous experience in building products focused on reference and security master data
- Real passion for designing simple solutions to complex problems
- Clear bias for action, with a collaborative, no-ego approach
- Exceptional analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently, take ownership of initiatives and be accountable for success
- Ability to work closely with stakeholders from engineering, research, and corporate groups in a flat, collaborative organizational environment
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, and paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.