Product Manager - Macro
New York, New York, United States
Macro Engineering's missions is to advance Two Sigma's ability to generate alpha in the macro and derivative markets by providing a world-class modeling and research platform that enables business growth and innovation. The products provided by the Macro Engineering platform offer capabilities and infrastructure that are critical components of growing Two Sigma's Macro business.
We are seeking a Product Manager to own product strategy and roadmap for our systematic macro platform. The systematic macro platform is the research and trading platform that serves the systematic macro business. Our platform provides alpha modeling and research capabilities that enable modelers to provide return forecasts to macro portfolios while allowing portfolio managers to accurately control, manage and simulate how we trade various types of alpha signals.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Define the product vision, strategy, and roadmap for Two Sigma’s systematic macro platform.
- Define problem statements, end-to-end user scenarios, requirements, and measures of success.
- Establish a comprehensive and detail-oriented understanding of the needs of your customers and stakeholders.
- Be the advocate for the customer when working with engineering throughout the product development cycle.
- Be a product evangelist, drive customer engagement, and adoption.
- Manage product execution, working closely with engineering, project management, modeling, and partner teams to foster the best outcomes for customers.
- Engage closely with the Engineering team to help determine the best technical implementation methods as well as a reasonable implementation schedule to meet business goals.
- Communicate vision, strategy and progress to customers and stakeholders.
- 5+ years of experience in a Product Manager role.
- A Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD degree in a technical or quantitative field.
- Experience with product ownership and driving a product vision, strategy and roadmap, including functional requirements gathering and prioritization.
- Ability to assess technical platforms, identify problem areas, champion continuous improvement initiatives and drive innovation.
- Knowledge of Python, Java or other languages that target the JVM.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with Macro modeling or alpha modeling is a plus.
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, and paid caregiver leaves