Product Manager, Modeling Engineering
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a career destination for the intellectually curious who want to learn, invent, and create. The people of Two Sigma – a dynamic and diverse group of scientists, engineers, and business professionals – are accomplished analytical thinkers and passionate problem solvers. We apply technology and scientific rigor to financial innovation.
We are seeking a deeply technical Product Manager to join the Modeling Engineering team at Two Sigma. You will be responsible for building products, tools, and services for Two Sigma Quantitative Research to enable world class financial research, modeling, and analysis.
In this role, you will be at the center of defining how financial researchers take their ideas from research to production via the development of: large-scale distributed data analysis platforms; custom languages for times series analysis and financial modeling; the core APIs & platform for production financial models; and the monitoring and analysis framework for analyzing production trading behavior.
- Spearhead innovation across Modeling Engineering, via the discovery, definition, execution and delivery of high value products, tools, and services to the Two Sigma research community
- Internalize and fully understand the challenges and problems Two Sigma quantitative researchers solve across their entire research process
- Be the advocate for the user when working with engineering partners throughout the product development cycle
- Use metrics and quantitative analysis to measure product utility, gain insights, identify opportunities, and build consensus on product direction and roadmap
- Develop a strategic view of external technology developments to inform Modeling Engineering’s product direction
Preferred candidates would have:
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field
- Professional experience developing highly successful technology products
- Passion for designing simple solutions to complex problems
- Clear bias for action, with a collaborative, no-ego approach
- Exceptional analytical and organizational skills
- While we build products to support financial modelers, financial experience is not a requirement