Product Manager, Security
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a career destination for the intellectually curious who want to learn, invent, and create. The people of Two Sigma – a dynamic and diverse group of scientists, engineers, and business professionals – are accomplished analytical thinkers and passionate problem solvers. We apply technology and scientific rigor to financial innovation.
We are seeking an experienced Product Manager for the Security Team at Two Sigma. The Security team is responsible for the design and implementation of security software and services that include, but are not limited to, Authentication and Authorization, Auditing, and Password Vaulting.
The software produced by this team enables engineers across the company to produce secure solutions with minimal effort. We have an Internet-scale infrastructure built on the latest open source technologies that span public and private cloud environments. Software products include Kerberos/Heimdal, the Two Sigma Entitlement management system, and the Two Sigma password vault database.
This dedicated position is new to Security and will help accelerate the development of new security capabilities and services to support the business of Two Sigma. The Product Manager will drive the development cadence and prioritization, setting and managing expectations of the broader engineering community.
Core responsibilities include:
- Define the “What and the Why” for the Security Platform – Vision, Design, Architecture, Key Goals, Partners, and Milestones – in close collaboration with the Security Engineering Team.
- Be the advocate for the user when working with engineering partners throughout the product development cycle.
- Develop and communicate roadmaps for products in the Security area to the rest of the company.
- Develop a strategic view of external developments to Two Sigma in the security and cloud space.
- Creative thinking, clear communication and a drive to design and execute solutions – identifying obstacles and figuring out solutions to eliminate them.
- Collaborate with the users to define success criteria and metrics.
- Communicate and share the security principles and vision for the security products across Two Sigma.
- Prior experience in a product-driven organization or team as the owner of a product or portfolio of products.
- Strong communication and relationship-building skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with product engineers and product stakeholders - translating, vetting, and prioritizing requirements.
- Ability to bridge gaps between teams and create collaborative relationships between disparate groups.
- A computer science degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience with security and infrastructure technologies.
- Passion for problem solving and execution.
- Collaborative, no-ego approach.
- Initiative taker, organizer.