Product Manager - Technology Solutions
New York, New York, United States
Sightway Capital is a Two Sigma company focused on middle market growth equity investing in financial services and real assets. The company employs a principal mindset and flexible capital approach to building business platforms with experienced operators and strategic partners. The team at Sightway Capital thinks long-term, targeting business opportunities that we believe afford both asymmetric risk rewards and enterprise value creation over time. They look for opportunities in and around several asset-intensive industries where our team has significant experience and a network of long-standing relationships. For more information, please visit sightwaycapital.com.
This individual will work on technology value creation opportunities by teaming with the Sightway investment team, Finance team and the Management teams we partner with at our portfolio companies. This role will involve solving for present day technology challenges at portfolio companies, as well as shaping our overall technology strategy as it relates to data and analytics projects at our portfolio companies and our funds. Consequently, this role will have a broad range of responsibilities both strategic and tactical in nature assisting in identifying technology solutions for present day challenges and future growth plans. It will also include being able to shape what tools and best practices we use to conduct Sightway’s own internal operational efforts.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Work with the Sightway Investment and Management teams to support technology related projects (e.g. selection of best in class technology solutions, connecting disparate technology solutions to have an integrated technology approach, influencing a technology strategy to harness the underlying operational and financial data at portfolio companies to improve our decision-making processes)
- Identify and execute technology value creation opportunities, via hands-on support in portfolio company operations by linking technology tools to business strategy
- Ability to balance business requirements and needs, manage expectations and drive successful projects through to completion
- Ability to communicate technical possibilities and limitations to business leaders and investors
- Consult with investment and management teams to assist in screening, selecting, implementing and maintaining technology solutions.
- Identify areas of deficiency and enhance processes, infrastructure and capabilities of the business
- Provide ad hoc IT guidance to support and maintain data analytics efforts
You should possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or greater in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- Experience and interest in data warehousing / ETL tools, Big Data technologies, and visualization tools.
- 10-15 years of experience working in consulting and technology roles with a focus on private equity clients
- Experience overseeing multiple projects including deployments, integration and migration efforts
- A deep understanding of business technology solutions with an ability to select and implement best in class solutions
- A broad network of technology vendors and consultants to bring best in class solutions and personnel to solve problems
- Excellent analytical, project management and problem-solving skills
- Self-driven individual with excellent communication skills and a collaborative working style
- Positive attitude and desire to lead projects to completion
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to travel on a regular basis
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.