Product Manager: Trading Engineering, Market Data
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
Product Management at Two Sigma is focused on developing product ideas that address customer needs, working cross-functionally with engineering to implement those ideas, and determining the metrics used to evaluate the success of those ideas while enabling their continued evolution.
As a Two Sigma Product Manager, you'll champion the rigorous, collaborative, scientific approach that allows us to meet the needs of our business. You'll join a forward-looking, future-reaching organization to build and evolve products that will scale with the company. You'll have amazing opportunities to learn from others and share your own expertise. You’ll constantly be challenged by a dynamic and fluid problem space.
This role in our Trading Engineering organization will focus on managing the many various market data products at Two Sigma, as well as conceptualizing and building a modern, future proofed market data infrastructure. A background in low latency applications is beneficial , though not required.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Coordinating with the market data development and operations teams and the business as to ongoing work and future planning.
- Evaluating the vendor marketplace and competition as to market data products.
- Help prioritize and manage the current book of work.
- Ensure that business needs are properly communicated and understood by the development and operations teams.
- Ensure that the business understands potential prioritization conflicts and manages these conflicts.
You should possess the following qualifications:
- Domain knowledge and experience in working with low latency applications in market data is recommended, but not required.
- Proven product management experience in financial services
- Writing skills and organizational communication is a must.
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, and paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.